FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 8, 2023 – TEAM HUIZENGA
Washington, DC – Today, Congressman Bill Huizenga (R-MI) announced his support for H.R. 5, the Parents Bill of Rights Act. Introduced last week by Congresswoman Julia Letlow (R-LA), Congressman Huizenga and 72 additional members of the House, the Parents Bill of Rights Act defines legal protections for parents and guidelines for schools to follow in an effort to encourage positive dialogue and strengthen the education children receive in schools across America.
“Parents know their children best, ” said Congressman Bill Huizenga. “Schools should strive to partner with parents to maximize educational opportunities for students. The Parents Bill of Rights Act empowers parents to work with school officials to achieve the best outcome possible for their children.”
The Parents Bill of Rights Act is built on five key pillars to ensure parents have a voice in their children’s education.
- Parents have the right to know what their children are being taught
- Parents have the right to be heard
- Parents have the right to see a school’s budget and spending
- Parents have the right to protect their child’s privacy
- Parents have the right to be updated on any violent activity at school
The text for the Parents Bill of Rights Act is available here.